Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals of CoxHealth is pleased to be able to provide support for children (age birth to 18) in our designated service area through the following programs:
Travel Assistance: For appointments related to your child’s medical care. To receive support, prior to the appointment you must have your physician or hospital send a confirmation letter of the appointment to the CMN Hospitals office. Travel assistance can only be used for fuel and hotel – no food or other expenses. If you are uninsured – to be considered for travel assistance, you must apply for Medicaid and provide an “Action Notice” within three months of requesting assistance.
CoxHealth Hospital Bills: Children who receive treatment at CoxHealth may apply for assistance with inpatient and outpatient bills through our Family Care Grant. These applications are reviewed on a monthly basis. Bills that are already in collections are not eligible for support. Physician’s bills or those from the following: Emergency Physicians of Springfield, Litton and Giddings Radiology, Cox Regional Services, Anesthesiologists, Orthopedic Associates of Springfield, or bills from any other hospital are not eligible for the CMN Family Care Grant.
Special Needs: CMN Hospitals considers applications for special needs items related to the child’s medical condition that are not covered by any other source of insurance, federal or state aid or supporting program. Items can include medications, glasses, wheelchairs and accessories, hearing aids, feeding tubes, orthotics, remolding helmets, shoe inserts, and more. All requests must be prescribed by a doctor and have an accompanying letter confirming the need. CMN Hospitals is not able to support requests for handicap accessible vehicles, wheel chair ramps, bath lifts, therapeutic toys, or orthodontics of any kind.
CHECKLIST—HOW YOU CAN APPLY FOR FUNDING:
- Fill out the application completely and sign it.
- Attach the appropriate documentation for the assistance you are requesting. Confirmation of the request or referral from a physician is REQUIRED. No exceptions. You can have your doctor’s office fax the confirmation to (417) 269-8818.
- Attach a copy of your most recent federal tax return. If you did not file a tax return, please explain why and submit a copy of your most recent W-2 or two most recent pay check stubs. EXCEPTION: Families requesting assistance for breast pump rental from The Women’s Center only do not need to provide verification of income.
- To be considered for fuel funding, you must apply for Medicaid for your child and provide an “Action Notice” within three months of requesting assistance from CMN Hospitals. Additionally, if you are requesting funding for CoxHealth hospital bills and you are uninsured, you must first apply for financial assistance through the CoxHealth Patient Financial Services office. Bills that are in collections will not be considered.
- Return the application to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals office. Applications are usually processed in 5-7 business days. Please DO NOT wait until the day before you require assistance to apply since we are not always able to process applications on a daily basis.
RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
3525 S. National Avenue, Suite 203
Springfield, MO 65807
Fax: (417) 269-8818
Phone: (417) 269-5437
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. – Noon and 1:30 p.m. – 4:30p.m.