Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth makes a difference for local kids and families every single day of the year. Especially during this stressful time, Miracle Week can dramatically increase that impact. The week, which runs from Nov. 30 to Dec. 6, is a special opportunity for individuals to donate funds that provide medical care and assistance when they’re needed most.
“The amount of need in our community has dramatically increased over the past few months, given the many challenges families are facing,” says Tim Siebert, executive director of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth. “We want to do all we can to help ease these burdens, and help children have as positive experience as they can as we navigate these times, which unfortunately still require hospitalization and treatment.”
A special bonus this year are Giggle Boxes, which are special packages filled with toys and games. While all donations are gratefully accepted, one of these boxes will be given to a child in the hospital with every $100 gift during Miracle Week.
Donations support many efforts that include:
- Bridge the Gap Fund, started in 2020, exists to help offer additional assistance for families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Special Needs Fund, which offers direct financial assistance for special medical needs that are not covered by private insurance or Medicaid. This includes prosthetics, wheelchairs, leg braces, hearing aids, prescriptions and travel expenses for out-of-town doctor’s appointments.
- Family Care Grants, which provide financial assistance for families whose children have been hospitalized or need specialized therapy.
- Educational programs including Wasted, an anti-drinking and driving campaign; Never Shake a Baby, to prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome; and CARDIAC Kids, a program that identifies area children at risk for developing heart disease or diabetes and teaches them how to live a healthy life. Other educational programs focus on car seat, water and bicycle safety.
- The C.A.R.E. Mobile, a mobile health clinic providing health screenings and immunizations to children who have limited access to health care.
- CoxHealth’s Child Life program, a four-person team dedicated to helping create a sense of normalcy for kids who are hospitalized, thereby aiding the healing process.
- School-based telemedicine, which allows local kids to receive health care at school and get back to class more quickly.
In addition to monetary donations, the organization also accepts stocks and bonds, real estate, personal property, life insurance policies, certificates of deposit, retirement funds, as well as bequests from estates. All donations help local children, giving a great benefit to families across the region.
“Because CoxHealth funds the operating costs of our local CMN Hospitals office, 100% of gifts and proceeds benefit children right here in the Ozarks,” says Siebert.
For more information or to make a donation, call 800-369-8169 (24/7 through Dec. 6) or go online to www.coxhealthcmn.com.