Local support made 2018 a fourth record year for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth. Thanks to generous donors, in total, $2,317,026 was raised to help local kids and their families through the purchase of life-saving equipment, need-based financial assistance, education and health care. This is an increase of 19.89% over the previous year.
“It’s incredible to be part of a community that’s so giving and supportive,” says Tim Siebert, executive director of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at CoxHealth. “While we never want anyone to feel the need for assistance, we are extremely grateful that so many people are willing to help fill the gaps we have for local children and their families.”
Since CoxHealth covers all of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals operating expenses locally, 100% of all gifts and proceeds help local children. A few examples of what donations support include:
- Special Needs Fund, which offers direct financial assistance for special medical needs that are not covered by private insurance or Medicaid. This includes prosthetics, wheelchairs, leg braces, hearing aids, prescriptions and travel expenses for out-of-town doctor’s appointments.
- Family Care Grants, which provide financial assistance for families whose children have been hospitalized or need specialized therapy.
- Educational programs including Wasted, an anti-drinking and driving campaign; Never Shake a Baby, to prevent Shaken Baby Syndrome; and CARDIAC Kids, a program that identifies area children at risk for developing heart disease or diabetes and teaches them how to live a healthy life. Other educational programs focus on car seat, water and bicycle safety.
- The C.A.R.E. Mobile, a mobile health clinic providing health screenings and immunizations to children who have limited access to health care.
- CoxHealth’s Child Life program, a four-person team dedicated to helping create a sense of normalcy for kids who are hospitalized, thereby aiding the healing process.
- School-based telemedicine, which allows local kids to receive health care at school and get back to class more quickly.
Because contributions to CMN Hospitals at CoxHealth have such a wide impact throughout the community, Siebert encourages individuals and companies to donate.
“We really try to support the community in a variety of ways,” says Siebert. “All contributions, both big and small, can make a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve.”
In addition to monetary donations, the organization also accepts stocks and bonds, real estate, personal property, life insurance policies, certificates of deposit, retirement funds, as well as bequests from estates.
For more information or to make a donation, call 417-269-5437 or go online to childrensmiraclenetwork-staging.mpwqrfwr-liquidwebsites.com.